Wednesday, September 14, 2011

...Missoni For Target

We all know that Target owns the whole high end designer lines for less idea, maybe not but they do it well. The latest designer to join the Target team is Missoni and boy is it popular. Online traffic at the store was about as high as it usually is around Black Friday, and it crashed the site. It made morning news, literally, and many talk shows and celebs were talking and Tweeting about it. The 400-piece line made by the Italian luxury knitwear designer Missoni exclusively for the cheap chic retailer features its trademark zig-zag patterns for between $2.99 for stationary and $599.99 for patio furniture, a fraction of the price of the designer's real duds that can cost $595 to $1,500. It is so "popular" that 31,000 pieces of the collection can be found on eBay. Now here I come to go against the fray, once again. I went to Target and say the collection and almost threw up. A little Missoni is good, a lot of Missoni looks like a bad recreation of a Native American reservation in Arizona. I saw the commercial and thought, "TACKY". Too many lines, too many patterns, too much of a good thing is a horrible thing. I love fashion and I get many different styles, but this I do not really get. If you wear a sweater and dress it up with nice accessories and whatnot, I will like it, but if you do like the commercial and wear several pieces of Missoni at one time, I will have a very hard time not questioning your style and taste level. With most Target tends this too shall fade, but if it does not I seriously hope I can survive. I am giving this collection a Digit Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment