Monday, September 5, 2011

...Matthew Scheidt

I was not going to comment on this but then I decided eh why not. Matthew Scheidt is 17 years old and he was arrested a couple of days ago for impersonating a physician's assistant at Osceola Regional Medical Center. Not only did he lie about that, he also lied about being a sheriff. Though he was only there for a week he performed CPR on a cardiac patient, removed an IV, accessed private charts and examined disrobed male patients. He might have stayed longer but he began seeking more access at the hospital, which raised a lot of red flags to other hospital employees. He now faces felony charges and depending on whether they charge him as a teen or an adult he can face 5 years of juvenile detention or 25 years in prison. Though what he did was wrong, no one was hurt. I would like to hear More from him to see what his motives were. Until then I am not looking down on him. In this economy maybe he just really wanted a job. Most jobs require some sort of experience, but even the entry level jobs seem to want some sort of experience, so how do you get this experience that they want you to have? Maybe he was lying to get in and move up without a degree and prove the system wrong. I doubt it but I like that slant. I am giving this kid a Digit Up. Though I do not condone what he did, I am not mad at him.



No comments:

Post a Comment