Friday, January 7, 2011

...Born This Way



Born This Way is the new album by Lady Gaga that will be released May 23, 2011. I listen to some tracks, do not ask me how I pulled that one off, and I must say that I m not impressed. She has said that this will be the album of the decade, I am not sure about that. Only 2 songs have been confirmed, "Born This Way" and "You and I". She said that there could be up to 20 songs on the album and that it is completely finished. This is what she told the BBC:
"The album is a marriage of electronic music with major, epic, dare I even say, metal or rock 'n' roll, pop, anthemic style melodies with really sledge-hammering dance beats. It's finished and all, it's just fine-tuning everything. It's kind of like the post-operative stage of the album. I've already done the full heart surgery. I'm just sewing myself back up again. I think that lyrically this album is more poetic. It's really written by the fans, they really wrote it for me because every night they're funneling so much into me. So I wrote it for them. Born This Way is all about my little monsters and me, mother monster."
Maybe she is WAY above me and her lyrics will hit me 10...20...30 years from now, but I am just not that into it. I only liked one song out of the 8 I heard and that was Nothing On (But the Radio). It is one of the few true pop/club/dance songs on the album, the others will probably me a commercial success but nothing more than that. I am not sure what people will think when they hear the album. I am sure it will go platinum in a bunch of countries and she will win a lot of awards, but that does not necessarily mean it is as good as the hype surrounding it and her. Like black people voting for Obama in 08', put her face and voice on something and her little fans, which she calls monsters, will buy it and rep it no matter what. I on the other hand am going to give the album a Digit Down. This is premature of course but I am sure I will not be eating my words on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment