Monday, May 2, 2011

...The Morning After

The morning after the morning after actually. Osama Bin Laden is dead or "dead" some would say. How do we know this is true? It is an awkward time to come out with this news. I just want o see a couple of pictures and then I will believe it is so. A lot of people think he died 8 years ago, if that is true then I guess the picture would be obviously dated. I was okay with the thought of him being dead until I heard he was dumped in the sea... Does that not raise a flag with anyone else? They said they did it because they did not want his grave to become a tribute or a shrine. That is okay, but you could have burned him or water. They said they did right by Islamic tradition, but several Muslim authorities said today that the sea burial in fact violated Muslim tradition and warned that it could help trigger calls for revenge from militant Muslims. Mohammed al-Qubaisi, Dubai's grand mufti, echoed that view. "If the family does not want him, it's really simple in Islam: You dig up a grave anywhere, even on a remote island, you say the prayers and that's it." So now I go back to my original thoughts moments after I heard the news he was killed, was this a ploy to distract us from the harsh economic realities? Think about it; our dollar is weak, inflation is going to happen at a grander rate than we thought, oil prices are sending gas prices close to $5 this Summer, and there is nothing we can d about it at this moment. This news made us happy and celebrate for a moment, but when happens when you go to the gas station this week or buy groceries? Osama's death came and went but this economy will last much longer. This is easily year 4 and there will be a year 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and beyond. So honestly I do not care if he were dead or alive, he has done what he wanted to do and he got what he wanted, though not through his actions. He killed a lot of Americans, and our economy is falling. Show me proof that he is dead and fix my economy, not necessarily in that order. If this is what the President had to do to get re-elected then that is sad. If this united us the way 9011 did and we get some actually bills passed and this budget figured out properly, then this would have been worth it. but as soon as we celebrated we were ready to debate so for now nothing has changed, nothing has gotten better and I do not feel safer. I am giving this all a Digit Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment