Friday, September 3, 2010

...Kara DioGuardi

Finally! Kara DioGuardi has finally left American Idol. After months of rumors and reports that she was going to leave, she stepped down on her own. She had this to say, "I felt like I won the lottery when I joined 'American Idol' two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave 'Idol. I am very proud to have been associated with 'American Idol' - it has truly been an amazing experience. I am grateful to FOX, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment, as well as the cast, crew and contestants, for all they have given to me. I look forward to my next challenge, and want to thank everyone who has supported me. All the best to everyone on Season 10!" Since day one everyone wondered what was her purpose on the show. People though that her and Paula did not like each other or that she was supposed to replace Paula. That was not the case...not really anyway. Reports came out that Kara and the other judges did not get along and that she was not really apart of the group. I am sure no one will miss her, tough cookie, but for the most part no one even really knew who she was or what she did in the music industry, I still have questions. With Steven Tyler and Possibly Jennifer Lopez joining the judge's table for season 10, it will seem like nothing really changed. I am giving Kara a Digit Up for stepping down, although she could have done this earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment